ENTRIES ARE NOW CLOSED.
The Waikato Society of Arts is pleased to announce that the judge for the 2023 WSA Small Sculpture Award is
Andrea du Chatenier.
All entries must be received on or before the 8 May 2023. Finalists and non-finalists will be notified by 5 June 2023. The awards and exhibition will be held on 23 June, 2023 at 5.30pm in the WSA Gallery.
The Main prize of $5,000 will be announced on the night along with the supporting Awards.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Entry is open to both New Zealand citizens and those who hold permanent residency in New Zealand.
Maximum size is 500 x 500 x 500mm.including the frame; oversized works will be disqualified. No refunds will be given.
Price including GST and commission 35%)
The artist statement is to be no more than 50 words and must not contain your name as the Sculpture Award is blind judged.
Include Account details for sale of work.
Entry fee: $40 per entry
Online entry and payment made at same time
I have read the terms and conditions and agree to abide by them. The submitted entry is my own work.
I agree to the work being reproduced for the purposes of advertising, publicity, promotion of this event or any other subsequent exhibitions. No royalty or other fee is payable.
All entrants must be 15 or older on 8 May 2023.
- Artists may submit one entry only. The Waikato Society of Arts reserves the right to exclude any works which do not meet the criteria, including selected finalists. No refunds will be given. All entries must be original works, produced by the entrant.
- Artworks must have been produced no earlier than 1 November 2022 and must not have exhibited or displayed previously.
- The WSASSA is a three-dimensional award. The WSASSA is an award strictly dedicated to sculpture.
- A variation of sculpture materials can be used to form a 3-D sculpture. Innovative materials, alternate and unusual stuff.
- Final decisions regarding the exhibition of any work reside with the judge and the WSA.
- Delivery (to Hamilton, NZ) and collection of the artwork is the responsibility of the artist.
- Each artwork must be delivered and ready for exhibition. We cannot accommodate suspended artworks.
- The WSA will take all care with all artworks but accepts no responsibility or any loss or damage which may occur. Artists should arrange their own insurance.
- Neither your entry nor any supporting information (including price) may be added to or altered once it has been submitted.
- All entries must be digital and entered online under Awards at wsa.org.nz.
All entrants will be notified via email on 5 June, 2023 regarding whether or not they are finalists in the 2023 WSASSA. This email will include information regarding the opening and prize giving which will be free to attend and open to all.