ENTRIES FOR THE 2023 NZPPA WILL BE OPEN 1ST OCTOBER 2022.
Entry is open to both New Zealand citizens and those who hold permanent residency in New Zealand.
All entrants must be 18 or older on 8 February, 2023
- Artists may submit a maximum of two entries. Each must be submitted separately. The Waikato Society of Arts reserves the right to exclude any works which do not meet the criteria, including selected finalists. No refunds will be given. All entries must be original works, produced by the entrant and do not infringe upon NZ copyright laws.
- Artworks must have been produced no earlier than 8 February 2022 and must not have exhibited or displayed previously.
- The artist statement is to be no more than 50 words and must not contain your name as the NZPPA is blind judged.
- The NZPPA is a two-dimensional award, all works must be suitable for wall hanging. The NZPPA is an award strictly dedicated to painting and printmaking. Any other media will not be accepted unless they are an integral part of the completed painting or print.
- No Cyanotypes, Photograms or digital photographs in the Printmaking categoryDimensions (in mm) to the outside edge of frame: (Maximum size is 1500 x 1500 x 70mm.including the frame; oversized works will be disqualified. No refunds will be given
- Final decisions regarding the exhibition of any work reside with the judge/s and the WSA.
- Mounting, delivery (to Hamilton, NZ) and collection of the artwork is the responsibility of the artist. You must send a return courier ticket with your work, if it is to be couriered back after the exhibition.
- The submitted entry is my own work.
- I agree to the work being reproduced for the purposes of advertising, publicity, promotion of this event or any other subsequent exhibitions, with acknowledgement.
- Each artwork must be delivered mounted and ready to hang with sufficient and robust support at the rear to take screw eyes necessary for hanging; we suggest reinforcement at hanging points.
- The WSA will take all care with all artworks but accepts no responsibility or any loss or damage which may occur. Artists should arrange their own insurance.
- Neither your entry nor any supporting information (including price) may be added to or altered once it has been submitted.
- AGREEMENT – by completing my entry online I have read the terms and conditions and agree to these.
Entries close 8 February 2023
All entrants will be notified via email on the 21st February, 2023 regarding whether or not they are finalists in the 2023 NZPPA.
The Awards and Opening is a free event to be held 14 April, 2023 at 5.30pm at the Old Grandstand, Claudelands, Hamilton
The 2023 NZPPA exhibition will run from 15 April to 23 April, 2023 and is free to the public.