“PALETTE KNIFE WITH ACRYLIC AND OIL”
- Number of classes: 6 classes comprised of 2 hours per week spread over 6 weeks.
- Course day: Friday
- Start date and End Date: 22 May to 26 June, 2020
- Class format: Online class via ZOOM. Before the course starts your tutor will send you the instructions (via email) to get connected on ZOOM.
- Time: 10 am to 12 noon (2 hours online class – 35 mins > 10 mins break > 35 mins > 10 mins break > 30 mins)
- Number of students: 6
Come paint virtually along with Geetanjali!
Do you feel like venturing into the world of palette knife paintings?
Discover what you can do with “palette knife”?
Knife painting is the best way of learning to paint in a loose style when artist don’t give attention to every detail but rather give the impression, especially if viewed from a distance.
This class is suitable for all skill levels you can be an absolute beginner wanting to plunge into the art world and try out a painting class or be an experienced artist wanting to explore a new painting technique to enrich your painting skill. It will take you through the basics from using a “palette knife” (used for applying paint) to creating your own piece of art.”
In the first two classes you will paint along with your tutor to learn the techniques of palette knife. In the remaining four classes you can choose the painting you wish to make, and your tutor will guide you.
For this ONLINE course, we will be using ZOOM – a virtual learning environment. ZOOM is very easy to use. Closer to the course start date you will receive a ZOOM meeting invite. Duration of this class will be 10-15 minutes and the idea is to test the ZOOM connectivity for each participant and resolve any related issues.
To get started with ZOOM click here – ZOOM
List of material needed for this class
- A pack of assorted palette knives
- Acrylic paint (Tube)
- Either a multi-pack or individual colours
- For class 1 and 2: 14 x 18” (inches)
- For class 3 to 6 (size of your choice)
- Masking Tape
- Oil colour (Tube)
- 1 x Burnt Umber (smallest available size)
- Palette or disposable plates
- Pencil and Eraser
- Rag or paper towel